All those open Remote Desktop screens are sometimes driving me crazy. I’m continuously clicking or typing in the wrong screen. Too many Start buttons! \0/
So I’ve been looking into adding tabs to Remote Desktop Plus in order to have multiple sessions in one screen… But I’m still not sure whether it’s a good idea.
Here’s an early preview. More of a proof of concept really…
Remote Desktop Plus with tabbed interface
I’ve got the tabs running… Most of the time…
It’s a slow going process so far and I still have to integrate it into the program somehow. What do you think? Is it worth the effort?
A new update for Remote Desktop Plus…
- Added an option to set a default profile. You can then use /i without parameters to use it (rdp /i instead of rdp /i:”Domain Admin”). If you have only one profile, it will assume that’s your default profile.
- Changed the internal structure of the registry settings. The old settings will be migrated, so you won’t notice a thing.
- Made the Help-screen wider, to compensate for the increasing length.
- There’s some debate about the legality of using icons from Microsoft applications in your own program, so to be on the safe side, I removed the Microsoft icon for Remote Desktop and created my own.
- Fixed some minor cosmetic bugs.
- Several minor improvements.
The new version can be downloaded here.