Remote Desktop Plus 7.0.1
A minor update with some fixes and some new options.
- NEW: Added the variable $PROGRAMTITLE$, which will contain the value given for /programtitle. Can be used with /title if you want to reuse (parts of) your preferred title. Example: /programtitle:"Web servers" /title:"$PROGRAMTITLE$ – $COMPUTERNAME$".
- NEW: You can now also put defaults in a file Default.rdpc in your Documents folder, similar to Remote Desktop Connection’s own Default.rdp.
- FIX: Fixed a bug where the client under certain conditions would log you out when starting RemoteApps.
- FIX: Fixed a bug where in kiosk mode, the tray icon would show the fully optioned context menu instead of the simplified one.
- Some minor other changes and improvements.
Remote Desktop Plus 7.0
After a hiatus that lasted way too long, finally a new update. Lots of new stuff and a new look, but also some early spring cleaning of obscure options.
- NEW: Changed the logo and icon to a more modern look. Also pimped the system tray and dialogs somewhat.
- NEW: Added support for URI links. You can now launch RDP+ using hyperlinks with support for all command line parameters (rdp://server/?i=profile&noprinters&fit=90%). Use /register to enable support for URIs. See the main page for more information.
- NEW: Added support for launching sessions using the single sign-on provided by CredSSP (command line: /sso). Please note CredSSP SSO only works when all conditions are met. See the main page for more information.
- NEW: Added the option for using the current monitor (command line: /mon:current). Resolutions will automatically be adjusted according to the currently active monitor.
- NEW: Added numbers to the active sessions in the context menu, so you can switch to a session by typing the number.
- NEW: Added the options /programtitle and /programicon. These enable you to change the title and icon of the RDP+ GUI. When using the kiosk mode, /programtitle will also be used for the text in the banner of the GUI.
- NEW: Added an option to ‘pin’ computer names in the MRU of RDP+. When a computer is pinned, it will not be removed from the MRU, even when the maximum number of entries has been reached. Pinning computers can be done through the Favorites editor.
- NEW: Added a simple update check function. You can access it through the system menu of the title bar. No autochecking or auto-updating.
- NEW: Added the option /rdgateway to specify a Remote Desktop Gateway server.
- NEW: Added the option /cb to specify a Remote Desktop Connection Broker.
- NEW: Added the variable $PROGRAMDIR$, which will be expanded to the location of the rdp.exe executable. Can be used in any parameter referencing a file location. Example: /log:$PROGRAMDIR$\Logs\session.log.
- NEW: Added the variable $FAVORITE$, which will be expanded to the name of the favorite used to launch the session (if applicable). Supported in /title.
- NEW: Sped up the launching of favorites and of switching to active sessions.
- NEW: When using /allowed or /listallowed, you can now also use files to read the servers from. For example: /listallowed:@serverlist.txt.
- NEW: When used as a shell, RDP+ will return to the GUI after the session has closed instead of logging off.
- NEW: Added the option /gui:loop. This will make RDP+ always return to the GUI after the session has been closed.
- NEW: You can now also close the system tray using the system menu or by pressing CTRL+T.
- UPDATE: The minimum required .NET version for RDP+ is now .NET Framework 4.0.
- UPDATE: The /encrypt option will no longer display a button in the GUI. Instead it will be added as an option in the system menu of the title bar.
- UPDATE: Added more information about shortcut keys and available internal variables in the help screen.
- UPDATE: Rewrote the localization support, so it will be easier to maintain.
- REMOVED: Left-clicking on the system tray icon will no longer display the context menu.
- REMOVED: The Group Policy option for the simple tray has been removed.
- REMOVED: The option for launching Favorites straight from the Favorites editor has been removed.
- REMOVED: Removed the Ctrl+P shortcut in the GUI.
- FIX: Fixed the logging of timestamps when using RDP+ on Remote Desktop or Citrix servers with clients in a different timezone.
- FIX: Fixed a bug when using the backslash in profile names.
- Many other changes and improvements.
Note: Because of the rewrite of the localization support, the old XML files won’t work anymore. You’ll have to create new ones based on the new format.
Beta for Remote Desktop Plus 7.0
Merry Christmas everybody! It has been a while – stuff (a.k.a. life) happens and before you know it, 2017 is already nearing its end – but that doesn’t mean I’ve not been working on RDP+.
So here it is, the beta of Remote Desktop Plus 7.0.
Please give it a try and let me know if you encounter any bugs.
New version 7.0 on its way
Yes, really… 🙂
I hope to release a new version of RDP+ in the coming weeks. It will feature a new logo and icon, and of course new features and other improvements. I’m currently in the process of beta testing. If you want to try the beta, just drop me a line.
Not dead yet and false positive in McAfee
Just to let everybody know RDP+ is not dead yet. 🙂
I’ve been incredibly busy at work the last couple of months and haven’t had the time or energy to spend much (as in: any) time on RDP+. But a new version is coming!
This one will add support for URI for example (rdp://192.168.0.105/?u=JohnDoe&[email protected]&noprinters&fit=90).
Also, today McAfee started tagging rdp.exe as Artemis!F9BA2ADF3355. According to the McAfee site:
"Artemis (or McAfee ‘Global Threat Intelligence’ technology) is the enhanced heuristic detection component of McAfee SecurityCenter’s virus protection module. It works by adding an extra layer to the detection engine, but instead of just detecting something it actually "calls home" to the virus database to double-check before labelling something as a possible threat."
This is a false positive of course. I’ve submitted a request to correct this, but it may take some time to process.