It’s been a long time, busy at work, but finally an updated version… 🙂
- NEW: RDP+ will now denote the most recently used active Remote Desktop session in the tray menu by putting a check mark in front.
- NEW: Doubleclicking on the tray icon will automatically activate the most recently used active Remote Desktop session.
- NEW: Added the option for multi monitor support to the GUI.
- NEW: Added /multimon to the supported variables. Use any other screen option to override (/w, /h, /f, /fit, /max).
- NEW: Added the Ctrl+P shortcut in the GUI to copy the currently entered credentials to a new profile in the profile editor.
- NEW: When you duplicate a favorite, it will now be immediately opened in the favorite editor.
- NEW: Added a confirmation popup when saving new or renamed profiles or favorites with the name of an already existing profile/favorite.
- NEW: Several people reported an issue where RDP+ would take a long time trying to determine the local computername of the remote computer. This is either a problem in the local WMI or in the WMI of the remote computer. A new option was added to disable this remote check entirely.
To disable it for every session: Create a registry value SkipRemoteWMI with a DWORD value of 1 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Remote Desktop Plus or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Remote Desktop Plus.
To disable it on a per session basis: Specify an empty domain with the user: /u:\user of /u:user@.
Note: RDP+ will only try to determine the computername when you don’t specify a domain or computername (using /u:domain\user, /u:user@domain or /domain:domain). When connecting to servers running Windows 2008 or higher, you can also use the dot-backslash notation (/u:.\user) to login with a local account.
- FIX: Fixed some options not working when starting RDP+ with a blank Default.rdp file.
- FIX: Fixed the issue with the SortMRU and MaxMRU registry settings not working, except when using the Group Policies.
- FIX: Fixed a bug with newly created profiles when using the blank-password feature.
- Many other minor changes and improvements.